Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilks

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilks by Diane Chamberlain is going to be a hard one to discuss, because it is a mystery and I am afraid to say anything for fear I will disclose a secret that you need to find for yourself.

I have never been a reader of mysteries until now.  This is a book I couldn't put down and I think I may like mysteries after all. 

There is a murder involved, a young sixteen year old CeeCee whose mother died when CeeCee was only twelve, the mistakes young people often make all in the name of love,  there is also Eve who lives a life that is a lie, Cory, who isn't sure why she feels so out of the family and finally Jack, the loving perfect husband.

The old cliche "What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive," certainly plays a huge part in this fantastic tale.  I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes a mystery. 

Until next time,
Be kind to one another.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting. I haven't read many mysteries either, only a few of Agatha Christie's years ago. May have to check it out when I'm done with what I am reading now.

    Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joyce. I've been reading mysteries for a long time--both true crime and fiction. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete