Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Glory Cloak

If you are a lover of Little Women you will want to read this book.  Patrica O'Brine has written a novel about Louisa Mae Alcott and Clara Barton.  Although it is a book of fiction, she has included a lot of factual information.

When I started to read the book I thought it was just going to repeat the story of Little Women, but that soon changed into a story of mystery, romance, and the gory story of working in a hospital during the Civil War.

The story is told through the eyes of her cousin, Susan Gray(aka Patrica  O'Brien)  I thought it was fascinating and if the character of Clara Barton was fact, I learned a lot about her too.

I always say if a book makes me laugh or cry it is usually a great book.  In the last third of this novel I cried three times.

What can I say..........?  GREAT READ

O'Brien gives a Bibliography at the end as well as questions to be used by book club readers

Until next time,
Be kind to one another

No comments:

Post a Comment